- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
DA files assault charge against Avs’ Varlamov
Question of the Day
DENVER (AP) - Prosecutors have filed a misdemeanor assault charge against Colorado Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov (var-LAH’-mawf) after his girlfriend said he attacked her last month.
The Denver district attorney’s office said Friday that Varlamov faces one count of third-degree assault. If convicted, the 25-year-old faces a sentence ranging from probation to two years in jail.
Varlamov’s agent has said he is innocent.
The girlfriend told investigators Varlamov attacked her in her apartment Oct. 30. She says he knocked her down with a kick to her chest and stomped on her chest as she lay on the ground.
According to an arrest affidavit, she also accused Varlamov of dragging her by her hair and telling her that he would have beaten her more if they had been in Russia.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq