- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
Get Out: The week’s pocket picks in D.C.
Chicago’s acclaimed Joffrey Ballet was the first dance company to perform at the White House, at the invitation of first lady (and arts lover) Jackie Kennedy. It’s fitting, then, that the company brings its 25-year-old production of Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker” to the Kennedy Center for a limited run during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The Joffrey’s version of this beloved holiday classic boasts Victorian scenery and costumes, a beautiful Sugar Plum Fairy and a heroic title character. The Kennedy Center Opera House Orchestra and the Arlington Children’s Chorus perform the composer’s haunting score. The Joffrey has one of the most aggressive touring schedules of all dance companies in America, so catch these magnificent dancers before they leap away. Wednesday through Dec. 1 at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, 2700 F St. NW. 800/444-1324. Web: kennedy-center.org.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.