- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Inside the Beltway: Republican Black Friday special
Question of the Day
Currently, the center records about 650 hours of news programming each week across multiple networks including ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, MSNBC, and CNBC among others.
“The Media Research Center is built on two pillars: the talented team of analysts, researchers, writers, and editors who have spent the last quarter century exposing and cataloging the media’s liberal bias; and the MRC’s remarkable archive of video footage,” says the center’s founder and president Brent Bozell.
“No other media watchdog organization has an archive like ours. For over 25 years, our generous and dedicated benefactors have empowered us to create this invaluable resource for the conservative movement,” he adds.
TAILS OF OBAMACARE
We live in an age where pet insurance is a big business. Then there’s this Obamacare vignette from one Shane Smith of Fort Collins, Colo., who attempted to sign up for replacement insurance after his own policy was canceled in the wake of the new health care law. Mr. Smith dutifully called Connect for Health Colorado to apply, and in the course of the conversation, the navigator asked him a personal security question to protect the application. Mr. Smith volunteered “Baxter,” the name of his venerable old Yorkshire Terrier, as a code answer.
Then, voila. It was the magic of Obamacare.
“Wow. This is so awesome, I thought. They went out of their way to insure my 14-year-old Yorkie,” Mr. Smith told KDVR, a Fox News affiliate in Denver.
Yes, there was a mix-up. He received a letter from the sign-up group announcing that Baxter was now insured, and he was not.
“It’s typical Obamacare that they would insure your dog by mistake. They fixed it. Well, I think they fixed it. There have been a lot of headaches coming from this — all the phone calls, all the nonsense,” Mr. Smith said. “They ended up giving me good coverage. I think. But who know if they’re going to take it away? Who knows?”
MR. BUSH, ARTIST
Many have pondered the newly realized painting talents of former president George W. Bush, who was inspired to take up the pastime by Winston Churchill, who had a penchant to paint in days if yore. Mr. Bush now has a daily date with his easel and even takes lessons at Southern Methodist University. And now the amateur becomes a professional of sorts. A cheerful painting of a crimson cardinal by “43” is the centerpiece of the George W, Bush Presidential Center limited edition Christmas ornament.
Laura Bush deemed the image ideal for the handsome decoration, as well as the center’s greeting card.
“I’m flattered,” Mr. Bush says. “I hope my painting meets expectations.”
The ornament is gift boxed and priced at $30; find it — and other Bush-ian fare — here: shop.bushpresidentialcenter.com
POLL DU JOUR
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- The border crisis could prove a 'big boost' for Republicans as the midterms approach
- Inside the Beltway: Just a little media protection for the White House
- Some federal help for old American battlefields: $1.3 million to spruce them up
- Inside the Beltway: Frugal-phobic Congress offers 828 spending bills
- It's grim: 911 Commission warns terrorism has entered 'a new and dangerous phase'
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'economic patriotism' means higher taxes
- Afghan who killed three U.S. Marines in 2012 to serve over 7-year prison sentence
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq