- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Burton among 4 to start all 26 Cup races in Texas
FORT WORTH, TEXAS (AP) - Jeff Burton got his first career victory in the first NASCAR Cup race at Texas in 1997.
He added another win there 10 years later.
Burton is in his final season with Richard Childress Racing. The 46-year-old hasn’t revealed his plans for 2014.
“I have always had a lot of respect for him, other than that time he wrecked me here,” Gordon said, drawing laughter from those in the room.
During the fall race three years ago, an angry Gordon shoved Burton with a hard two-handed push after Burton sent Gordon’s No. 24 car crashing into the outside wall during a caution period. Gordon then took some swings before they were separated by NASCAR safety officials.
“He’s a good guy. I think he is a smart race car driver,” Gordon said. “I value his opinions that he has when he is analyzing the sport and the cars just kind of looking at the broader picture. He has got a good perspective and very level head about it.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014