- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Inside the Beltway: Presto! It’s instant change Obama
• 86 percent of likely U.S. voters disapprove of the overall job the U.S. Congress is doing.
• 75 percent of Americans have confidence in civilian employees of the federal government.
• 67 percent would encourage a young person who was considering civilian employment with the federal government.
• 53 percent oppose Obamacare; 52 percent disapprove of the job President Obama is doing.
• 51 percent disapprove of the job their local member of Congress is doing.
• 26 percent say their local member of Congress deserves re-election.
• 45 percent say they would vote Democratic if the election were today; 41 percent would vote Republican.
Source: A George Washington University Battleground poll of 1,000 likely U.S. voters conducted Oct. 27 to 31.
• Exaggerations, prudent talk to email@example.com.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: Weather or not to wake Congress on climate change
- Sarah Palin's ultimate defense: 'A good guy with a nuke'
- New Benghazi investigation published on the 18-month anniversary of the attack
- Inside the Beltway: GOP determined to find out who's behind Clinton lockdown
- Inside the Beltway: A sampler of CPAC wisdom
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again