• 86 percent of likely U.S. voters disapprove of the overall job the U.S. Congress is doing.
• 75 percent of Americans have confidence in civilian employees of the federal government.
• 67 percent would encourage a young person who was considering civilian employment with the federal government.
• 53 percent oppose Obamacare; 52 percent disapprove of the job President Obama is doing.
• 51 percent disapprove of the job their local member of Congress is doing.
• 26 percent say their local member of Congress deserves re-election.
• 45 percent say they would vote Democratic if the election were today; 41 percent would vote Republican.
Source: A George Washington University Battleground poll of 1,000 likely U.S. voters conducted Oct. 27 to 31.
• Exaggerations, prudent talk to email@example.com.