- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
Dubai police force to add Mercedes, Audi vehicles to flashy supercar fleet
Dubai police announced this week that they will add more luxury vehicles to their flashy fleet of cop cars.
While visiting the Dubai International Motor Show, police Lt. Abdullah al-Mataywi said a Mercedes G63, a Mercedes SL 63, two Audi R8s and a Nissan Sklyine GT-R would be added to the fleet, Al Arabiya reported. He did not say when the news cars would be introduced.
Lt. al-Mataywi said the new vehicles will only be used in patrols in Dubai’s tourist areas and won’t be used for any high-speed chases.
The Dubai police already have a BMW, a Mercedes SLS, a Bentley Continental GT Coupe, an Aston Martin ONE77, a Lamborghini Aventador and a Ferrari 4 among its impressive fleet, Al Arabiya reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jon Corzine's son, Jeffrey, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer 'apeish'
- 'Frustrated' Mark Zuckerberg blasts Obama administration over privacy
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Colin Powell: I took selfies before they were cool
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
- BRUCE: The power of bossy
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014