- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
A-Rod’s attorneys, MLB to appear in NY court
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Attorneys for Alex Rodriguez will appear in a New York courtroom for an initial court conference in his lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
The New York Yankees third baseman is not expected at the meeting Thursday in Manhattan federal court.
Rodriguez was given a 211-game suspension by the league on Aug. 5 for alleged violations of baseball's drug agreement and labor contract.
He is challenging the suspension and has sued the league and Commissioner Bud Selig.
A-Rod claims he's the victim of a "witch hunt" aimed at destroying his reputation to make it appear baseball has cleaned up its act regarding performance-enhancing drugs.
MLB responded by calling Rodriguez's actions "desperate."
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors