- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
- Cries of anguish as South Korea ferry toll tops 100
Redskins notes: The fake punt that wasn’t
Those third downs were crucial, too, leading to a field goal and three touchdowns in the first half alone. Three Vikings sacks early in the fourth quarter helped put a stop to that run of success as the offensive line struggled to protect quarterback Robert Griffin III.
Peterson limited, but still does damage
If you had told the Redskins that they’d hold Peterson to 75 rushing yards on 20 carries they would have taken it in a heartbeat. The two touchdowns? Not so much. The Vikings star back had an 18-yard touchdown run in the first quarter. It was really his lone big play of the day. He later added a 1-yard touchdown run. He only had two runs 10 yards or longer.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Albert Pujols hits career home run No. 500
- Tyler Clippard, Ian Desmond's struggles continue in Nats' 4-2 loss to Angels
- Bryce Harper and Mike Trout play against each other for first time
- Nationals reliever Drew Storen shuts down Cardinals in 3-1 win.
- Nats' defensive woes continue in blowout loss to St. Louis
Latest Blog Entries
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.