- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
Johnson recovering from flu
DUBLIN, OHIO (AP) - Zach Johnson was the last American to make the Presidents Cup team. He wondered if he would even be able to play.
Johnson arrived at Muirfield Village a day late Tuesday after a nasty bout with the flu. He says he became sick Sunday night as he was packing, and chose not to fly up to Ohio with Matt Kuchar and assistant captain Davis Love III.
But after sleeping some 16 hours, Johnson said he was able to start keeping food down Monday night.
He says he’s not 100 percent, but the illness is gone and now it’s a matter of getting his energy back. Johnson planned to play a practice round Wednesday and be ready to go when the matches begin Thursday.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- BRUCE: The power of 'bossy'
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014