- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Obama: Health plan’s glitches akin to those of iPhone 5 rollout
Continuing his attack on Republicans for their determination to repeal his health care reform law, President Obama on Tuesday compared the ongoing federal budget stalemate to Apple’s roll-out of its most recent operating system.
Speaking from the Rose Garden, Mr. Obama said Republicans who believe there are problems with the Affordable Care Act should work to fix them, not allow the government to shut down.
“Consider that just a couple weeks ago Apple rolled out a new mobile operating system. Within days they found a glitch, so they fixed it. I don’t remember anybody suggesting Apple should stop selling iPhones or iPads or threatening to shut down the company if they didn’t,” Mr. Obama said. “That’s not how we do things in America. We don’t actually root for failure, … we keep going. In that context, I’ll work with anybody who has a serious idea to make the Affordable Care Act work better.”
Many parts of the government shut down at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, when the last fiscal year ended. On Capitol Hill, leaders in the House and Senate remain far apart on a deal to get Washington back up and running.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at email@example.com.
- What will a grandchild mean for Hillary?
- What will a grandchild mean for Hillary Clinton?
- Obama to tour site of Washington mudslide
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.