- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
Gordon takes pole at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Question of the Day
Gordon, who is fourth in the Chase standings, said it’s been a frustrating season but that he’s feeling better with each passing race.
“I feel like we knocked it out of the park tonight,” Gordon said.
Gordon was upbeat after the qualifying, saying things are finally starting to mesh for the No. 24 Chevrolet team.
“The thing is it’s really hard to maintain your confidence in what you’re doing when you’re struggling,” Gordon said. “I felt like all year long we have been racing better than we have been qualifying, but that qualifying was a weakness for us and we needed to get better track position. It’s hard not to get down when things aren’t going well. … It’s hard to come in here all bubbly and having fun, because honestly it wasn’t fun.”
“This will be one of our worst qualifying efforts of the year so we have a lot of work to do,” Kenseth said.
For a while it looked like his early lap would hold up.
But then a series of drivers eclipsed his time, capped finally by Gordon, who had the last car on the track.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow