- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Semin, Gerbe help lift Hurricanes past Capitals
“It’s going to be tough to catch up to teams if you fall too far behind,” center Nicklas Backstrom said. “We have to make sure to we look ourselves in the mirror and do a better job. This is not good enough, that’s for sure.”
The Capitals went 0 for 5 with the extra man after converting six of 12 power-play opportunities during their first three games.
Chimera gave the Capitals a 1-0 lead with his first goal of the season at 5:33 of the opening period. Eric Fehr dumped the puck into the Carolina zone, Khudobin knocked it to the left circle and Chimera fired it back between the goaltender’s legs.
Lindholm tied it at 12:58 of the second period with a shot that glanced off the stick of Washington defenseman John Carlson. Less than a minute later, Ovechkin put Washington back in front by deflecting a shot by Steve Olesky into the net.
Semin’s first goal of the season, a blast from the top of the left circle with Carolina on the power play, made it 2-all.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- FIELDS: Oscars' fantasy on the Left Coast
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again