- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
Semin, Gerbe help lift Hurricanes past Capitals
“It’s going to be tough to catch up to teams if you fall too far behind,” center Nicklas Backstrom said. “We have to make sure to we look ourselves in the mirror and do a better job. This is not good enough, that’s for sure.”
The Capitals went 0 for 5 with the extra man after converting six of 12 power-play opportunities during their first three games.
Chimera gave the Capitals a 1-0 lead with his first goal of the season at 5:33 of the opening period. Eric Fehr dumped the puck into the Carolina zone, Khudobin knocked it to the left circle and Chimera fired it back between the goaltender’s legs.
Lindholm tied it at 12:58 of the second period with a shot that glanced off the stick of Washington defenseman John Carlson. Less than a minute later, Ovechkin put Washington back in front by deflecting a shot by Steve Olesky into the net.
Semin’s first goal of the season, a blast from the top of the left circle with Carolina on the power play, made it 2-all.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014