- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Lee leads Malaysia by 1 after Thompson’s 63
Lee, seeking her second title on the U.S. LPGA tour, had a 65 to stay atop the leaderboard at 13-under 129.
Thompson surged on the back nine with four birdies and an eagle on the par-4 14th at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club.
“It was right on line,” Thompson said of the eagle. “But I couldn’t see the bottom of the hole, but a few of the volunteers up by the green started yelling, so I was like, `All right, maybe it went in.’”
Thompson, who finished third in the recent Evian Championship, is chasing her second tour victory.
Last week’s Reignwood Classic champion, Feng Shanshan of China, also shot 65 and was third at 10 under.
Paul Creamer of the United States and IK Kim of South Korea were tied for fourth at 9 under.
Amy Yang of South Korea shot a tournament-record 62 to move into a tie for sixth, five shots off the pace.
“It was a great round,” Yang said. “I’ve shot 10 under before, but that was during a mini tour, so this is my best on the LPGA Tour and it feels great.”
Defending champion and top-ranked Inbee Park shot par and was at 1 under.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014