- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions ‘murderous’
- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
Pennzoil gives retrofitted Toyotas to 3 veterans
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) - Pennzoil announced Saturday it has donated three new retrofitted Toyota vehicles to three veterans as part of its continued relationship with the Paralyzed Veterans of America.
Pennzoil presented the 2013 Toyota Sienna XLE vans to the veterans prior to the 500-mile race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
The vehicles were retrofitted to their needs and each veteran received a vehicle of their choosing. Pennzoil donated $250,000 to Paralyzed Veterans of America in 2013, $150,000 of which went to retrofit vehicles for injured veterans.
The three recipients this year were Harlan “Hank” Ebert, a navy veteran and fishing enthusiast who is currently the only paraplegic professional fishing guide in Minnesota; John Scott, a non-service connected veteran who volunteers at Paralyzed Veterans of America’s Great Plains; and Sergeant and tank commander Terry Carr, a military veteran who participates in wheelchair sports and has a strong passion for black-and-white photography.
“I have two athletic daughters who play sports,” Scott said in a release. “The new van will help me stay active and get my daughters back and forth to practices.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.