- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Pennzoil gives retrofitted Toyotas to 3 veterans
Question of the Day
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) - Pennzoil announced Saturday it has donated three new retrofitted Toyota vehicles to three veterans as part of its continued relationship with the Paralyzed Veterans of America.
Pennzoil presented the 2013 Toyota Sienna XLE vans to the veterans prior to the 500-mile race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
The vehicles were retrofitted to their needs and each veteran received a vehicle of their choosing. Pennzoil donated $250,000 to Paralyzed Veterans of America in 2013, $150,000 of which went to retrofit vehicles for injured veterans.
The three recipients this year were Harlan "Hank" Ebert, a navy veteran and fishing enthusiast who is currently the only paraplegic professional fishing guide in Minnesota; John Scott, a non-service connected veteran who volunteers at Paralyzed Veterans of America's Great Plains; and Sergeant and tank commander Terry Carr, a military veteran who participates in wheelchair sports and has a strong passion for black-and-white photography.
"I have two athletic daughters who play sports," Scott said in a release. "The new van will help me stay active and get my daughters back and forth to practices."
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq