- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
‘MasterChef’ runner-up Joshua Marks dies in possible suicide
Question of the Day
"MasterChef" runner-up Joshua Marks was found dead in an alley on Chicago's south side Friday night from a gunshot wound to the head, police said Saturday.
Investigators have not yet ruled the possibility that Marks committed suicide, Chicago Police spokesman John Mirabelli told CNN.
The 26-year-old spoke about his bipolar disorder in a public service video he recorded for the Make a Sound Project, a suicide awareness program.
He lost to winner Christine Ha in the final round of Fox's "MasterChef" with Gordan Ramsay last fall. Marks had a mental breakdown three months ago when he was arrested for resisting several Chicago police officers. He told police he had been possessed by Mr. Ramsay, who turned him into God, the Chicago Tribune said.
"Just heard the devastating news about Josh Marks," Mr. Ramsay tweeted Sunday. "My thoughts are with his family & friends at this tragic time."
Detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding Marks' death. The autopsy is expected to be completed this weekend, CNN reported.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NYC council bans use of e-cigarettes indoors
- Katie Couric's syndicated talk show canceled
- Obama: 'The Duck Dynasty family seems like a pretty fun bunch'
- Balcony collapses at London's Apollo theatre during performance
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London's Apollo theatre during performance
Latest Blog Entries
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow