- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
Big East celebrates return to basketball-first mission
One of the biggest advantages to being a 10-member conference is the opportunity for a true round-robin schedule. Everybody plays everybody twice, once at home, once on the road.
“From a coaching perspective, playing nine at home and nine on the road, I think there will be a lot more strategic things going on,” Marquette coach Buzz Williams said. “No more playing a team just once like we did my first five years in the conference. Play somebody in January and you’re not done with them. They are on the schedule again. That’s what makes for rivalries for the fans.”
Val Ackerman, the former commissioner of the WNBA and past president of USA Basketball, takes over as commissioner and as much as she looks forward to tackling the problems of a new conference, she can’t help but look back.
“I will do everything Dave Gavitt set out to do when he led this conference as it started in 1979,” she said referring to the league’s founder and architect. “We are going to make the Big East a force in college basketball.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.