- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
McAuliffe maintains fundraising edge in Virginia governor’s race
Democrat Terry McAuliffe raised more than $6 million in September compared to $3.4 million for Republican Kenneth T. Cucinelli II and enjoys a nearly 2-to-1 cash-on-hand advantage heading into the final weeks of the Virginia governor’s race.
Mr. McAuliffe raised $6.2 million from Sept. 1 to Sept. 30 and spent $9.4 million, blanketing the airwaves with television and radio advertisements. The businessman and former chairman of the Democratic National Committee has spent more than $8.6 million on television ads during the 2013 campaign, according to the nonpartisan Virginia Public Access Project. He had $1.9 million on hand at the end of the reporting period.
Mr. Cuccinelli, the state’s attorney general, raised about $3.4 million and spent $4.6 million, leaving him with $1 million on hand for the closing weeks of the race. He has spent $4.8 million on TV ads, according to VPAP.
Libertarian candidate Robert Sarvis raised $27,234 in September and spent $21,966, finishing with a balance of $21,997.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Sherfinski covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Palin dings Obama, calls for conservative reinforcements in Washington
- CPAC 2014: Carson 'not sure' what God has in store for him
- CPAC 2014: Gingrich says it's time for a 'big rebellion on the battlefield of ideas'
- CPAC 2014: Bachmann says country will elect 'right' female president
- CPAC 2014: Santorum: GOP needs positive message to counter Obama
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared?
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again