- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
McAuliffe maintains fundraising edge in Virginia governor’s race
Democrat Terry McAuliffe raised more than $6 million in September compared to $3.4 million for Republican Kenneth T. Cucinelli II and enjoys a nearly 2-to-1 cash-on-hand advantage heading into the final weeks of the Virginia governor’s race.
Mr. McAuliffe raised $6.2 million from Sept. 1 to Sept. 30 and spent $9.4 million, blanketing the airwaves with television and radio advertisements. The businessman and former chairman of the Democratic National Committee has spent more than $8.6 million on television ads during the 2013 campaign, according to the nonpartisan Virginia Public Access Project. He had $1.9 million on hand at the end of the reporting period.
Mr. Cuccinelli, the state’s attorney general, raised about $3.4 million and spent $4.6 million, leaving him with $1 million on hand for the closing weeks of the race. He has spent $4.8 million on TV ads, according to VPAP.
Libertarian candidate Robert Sarvis raised $27,234 in September and spent $21,966, finishing with a balance of $21,997.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Sherfinski covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Michael Bloomberg charts $50M challenge to NRA: 'Got to make them afraid'
- McAuliffe's PAC off to fast start, with $254,000 raised in two weeks
- Virginia Republican Bob Marshall stands by remarks that raise eyebrows
- Obama urged to enforce ban on importing military-style firearms
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.