- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
Police make arrest in L.A. airport dry ice explosions
Police have arrested a man in connection with one of the dry ice explosions that hit at Los Angeles International Airport this week, on Sunday and on Monday.
The suspect, Dicarlo Bennett, 28, was charged with possession of an explosive or destructive device near an aircraft for the Sunday blast, CNN reported. He’s also suspected in the Monday dry ice explosion, but police have so far only charged him in the first incident.
“Police can confirm the arrest of a single suspect related to the two dry ice incidents at Los Angeles International Airport,” L.A. Airport Police Chief Patrick Gannon said Tuesday in the CNN report. “We want to reassure the traveling public, visitors and employees that LAX is safe and secure.”
Mr. Bennett was given a $1 million bond. Police haven’t released information related to a motive.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Taliban vow to 'use all force' to disrupt Afghan elections
- Sbarro pizza chain files second bankruptcy in three years
- Bishop in Aleppo: 'We Christians live in fear in Syria'
- Peter King on Rand Paul: He appeals to 'lowest common denominator'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Arrest made in Ohio bar shooting that killed 3
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Charges filed against accused 'shadow campaign' financier
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again