- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
Jackson State says game vs. Grambling cancelled
JACKSON, MISS. (AP) - A Jackson State spokesman has announced that Saturday’s game against Grambling has been cancelled.
JSU spokesman Wesley Peterson told The Associated Press Friday that Jackson State had been contacted by Grambling officials who informed them of the decision.
Disgruntled Grambling players had refused to travel to Mississippi. Grambling spokesman Will Sutton had said there would be “no forfeit” and that Grambling officials were trying to determine the next step.
Apparently, nothing could be worked out so that the game could be played.
Southwestern Athletic Conference Commissioner Duer Sharp said the situation was “very disappointing.”
Follow David Brandt on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/davidbrandtAP
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.