- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Jackson State says game vs. Grambling cancelled
Question of the Day
JACKSON, MISS. (AP) - A Jackson State spokesman has announced that Saturday's game against Grambling has been cancelled.
JSU spokesman Wesley Peterson told The Associated Press Friday that Jackson State had been contacted by Grambling officials who informed them of the decision.
Disgruntled Grambling players had refused to travel to Mississippi. Grambling spokesman Will Sutton had said there would be "no forfeit" and that Grambling officials were trying to determine the next step.
Apparently, nothing could be worked out so that the game could be played.
Southwestern Athletic Conference Commissioner Duer Sharp said the situation was "very disappointing."
Follow David Brandt on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/davidbrandtAP
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq