- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
AP Source: Titans to start Locker against 49ers
Titans coaches and trainers met Saturday and decided Locker should start rather than backup Ryan Fitzpatrick, the person told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Titans did not announce the decision.
Locker sprained both his right hip and knee Sept. 29 against the Jets. He returned to practice Wednesday with brace on his sprained right knee and did more each day, and the Titans gave him a slight majority of the work Friday.
The Titans originally said Locker was expected to miss a few weeks after he was taken from LP Field by ambulance to a local hospital where he spent the night. But coach Mike Munchak has said since Locker was injured that the quarterback had proven to be a quick healer in his career.
Fitzpatrick started the next two games and was intercepted twice in each. The Titans lost both games, dropping to 3-3. Locker was off to the best start of his career before being hurt, completing 62.2 percent of his passes with six touchdowns and no interceptions.
The Titans have a bye after they host the 49ers (4-2), but they trail the Indianapolis Colts by a game in the loss column. The Colts host Denver on Sunday night, making this a big game for Tennessee.
General manager Ruston Webster said Friday that he was optimistic Locker would play Sunday during his weekly radio show.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.