- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
AP Source: Titans to start Locker against 49ers
Question of the Day
Titans coaches and trainers met Saturday and decided Locker should start rather than backup Ryan Fitzpatrick, the person told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Titans did not announce the decision.
Locker sprained both his right hip and knee Sept. 29 against the Jets. He returned to practice Wednesday with brace on his sprained right knee and did more each day, and the Titans gave him a slight majority of the work Friday.
The Titans originally said Locker was expected to miss a few weeks after he was taken from LP Field by ambulance to a local hospital where he spent the night. But coach Mike Munchak has said since Locker was injured that the quarterback had proven to be a quick healer in his career.
Fitzpatrick started the next two games and was intercepted twice in each. The Titans lost both games, dropping to 3-3. Locker was off to the best start of his career before being hurt, completing 62.2 percent of his passes with six touchdowns and no interceptions.
The Titans have a bye after they host the 49ers (4-2), but they trail the Indianapolis Colts by a game in the loss column. The Colts host Denver on Sunday night, making this a big game for Tennessee.
General manager Ruston Webster said Friday that he was optimistic Locker would play Sunday during his weekly radio show.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors