- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Democrats are creating indentured servants
Thanks to the debt-ceiling battle I think I finally understand economics: People who want government to live within its means, spend less money, make government smaller and lower taxes are racist, homophobic terrorists. People who make drunken sailors look cheap when it comes to spending other people’s money — money they don’t have — are heroes.
Those who use credit cards to pay off other credit cards are in financial trouble, yet the U.S. government borrowing money to pay just the interest on its debts is a good thing? Democrats can’t be this ignorant about the economy. They are deliberately following a policy of leading America to financial ruin. What other conclusion can one come to?
A new Harvard University Institute of Politics study found that each American worker’s share of the $17 trillion debt — a debt that has jumped by 55 percent since President Obama took office — is currently $123,000. The figure American workers owe is actually much higher because the study didn’t include state and municipal debt. And the Democrats are hellbent on raising that figure.
How many people realize that the “takers,” the primary constituency of the Democratic Party, won’t pay a dime of that debt? Every dime of the debt will be paid by the taxpayers.
How much is enough? At what point will Democrats stop destroying our children’s and grandchildren’s future by saddling them with perpetual debt? It’s a debt they can never pay off in a lifetime. Americans are becoming indentured servants to their government.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Get Breaking Alerts
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: Harry Reid's corrupt Senate house of cards
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for feckless president to show resolve
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama reserves 'Chicago way' for GOP
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults