- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Democrats are creating indentured servants
Thanks to the debt-ceiling battle I think I finally understand economics: People who want government to live within its means, spend less money, make government smaller and lower taxes are racist, homophobic terrorists. People who make drunken sailors look cheap when it comes to spending other people’s money — money they don’t have — are heroes.
Those who use credit cards to pay off other credit cards are in financial trouble, yet the U.S. government borrowing money to pay just the interest on its debts is a good thing? Democrats can’t be this ignorant about the economy. They are deliberately following a policy of leading America to financial ruin. What other conclusion can one come to?
A new Harvard University Institute of Politics study found that each American worker’s share of the $17 trillion debt — a debt that has jumped by 55 percent since President Obama took office — is currently $123,000. The figure American workers owe is actually much higher because the study didn’t include state and municipal debt. And the Democrats are hellbent on raising that figure.
How many people realize that the “takers,” the primary constituency of the Democratic Party, won’t pay a dime of that debt? Every dime of the debt will be paid by the taxpayers.
How much is enough? At what point will Democrats stop destroying our children’s and grandchildren’s future by saddling them with perpetual debt? It’s a debt they can never pay off in a lifetime. Americans are becoming indentured servants to their government.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start