You are currently viewing the printable version of this article, to return to the normal page, please click here.

NASCAR fan dies at Talladega due to suspected carbon monoxide leak

A Tennessee man was found dead and his wife unresponsive in their RV while camping out at Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama on Saturday, and police believe a carbon monoxide leak was responsible.

Talladega County Coroner Larry Seals said the couple was most likely using a gas stove, which had a faulty exhaust system, to heat up their motor home, The Associated Press reported.

A man also drowned in a nearby creek at Talladega back in May, making this the second fan death this year, AP said.

The wife has been hospitalized in Birmingham, Ala.

Their identities have not been released.

© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
TWT Video Picks