- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Rams WB Sam Bradford out for year with torn ACL
Question of the Day
The extent of the injury to Bradford’s left knee was confirmed after an MRI exam, the team said Monday. Coach Jeff Fisher was to provide details later in the day at his regular news conference.
Bradford tore his anterior cruciate ligament in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s 30-15 loss to the Carolina Panthers when he landed on his knee after being shoved out of bounds by Panthers safety Mike Mitchell. Fisher said after the game that Bradford was in “significant pain” on the sideline.
Bradford, the No. 1 pick in the 2010 draft, has thrown for 1,687 yards with 14 touchdowns and four interceptions this season. St. Louis had won its previous two games, with Bradford throwing three TD passes in each.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq