- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Tackle McKinnie acquired by Dolphins from Ravens
“He is a proven and experienced player who will be a great addition to the offensive line,” Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said in a statement.
To make room on the roster for McKinnie, Miami waived linebacker Josh Kaddu.
McKinnie played for the Vikings in 2002-10 and made the Pro Bowl in 2009. Last season, he came off the bench for the Ravens during the regular season, then was a key figure in their run to the Super Bowl title.
But he missed the first day of training camp this summer for being overweight and struggled thereafter.
The trade means a homecoming of sorts for McKinnie, who won the Outland Trophy with the 2001 national champion Miami Hurricanes. Vernon also played for the Hurricanes, but said he didn’t remember McKinnie as a collegian.
“Nah,” Vernon said. “That was when I was a little kid, man.”
AP Sports Writer David Ginsburg in Baltimore contributed to this report.
Follow Steven Wine on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Steve_Wine
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.