- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
Question of the Day
TODAY’S BIRTHDAY: The sun stretches into Scorpio territory now, joining Mercury and Saturn in this mysterious realm. This is a time to probe the more profound aspects of life. Even though we may never get a definitive answer to questions about the nature of life and death, we are richer for pondering the possibilities.
ARIES (March 21-April 19). If you’re going to be a fighter, you have to accept that getting knocked out is a real possibility. The best fighters protect themselves by keeping their gloves up.
TAURUS (April 20-May 20). You’ll practice hard and develop skills. You do this because you want to improve, but also because you truly care about the group and want to serve them to the best of your ability.
GEMINI (May 21-June 21). You are there for a friend who is suffering — that’s a no-brainer as far as you’re concerned. Being there for a friend who is enjoying a rich success will be a good deal harder.
CANCER (June 22-July 22). Everybody needs love. But you’re not going to beg for it or go around saying “love me.” Your ways are dignified. By loving yourself, you teach others to do the same.
LEO (July 23-Aug. 22). You sense that you are protected. When you don’t know what to do, life fills in the blanks for you, or helps you out with a few excellent suggestions. It’s as though the fates are rooting for you.
VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22). Think about what you’ve been repeating lately and whether it’s really good for you. It is far easier to fall into a habit than to get out of it, especially when that habit is supported by the other elements of your lifestyle.
LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 23). The one who suggested that “you can’t be a friend to everybody” just doesn’t know you very well. You give people a rare quality of attention. It doesn’t take a lot of time to make a person feel seen and understood.
SCORPIO (Oct. 24-Nov. 21). You’ll observe someone you admire. You wouldn’t want to be just like this person, but there is a side of your personality that resonates with what this person is doing. It’s worth further exploration.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21). In order to take pride in what you do, you first have to do something you can be proud of. Today you begin a cycle of behavior you’ll later be honored for.
CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19). You are fine with a job well done, but you still expect yourself to do a little better the next time and still better the time after that. Raising the bar is just what you do.
AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18). Today there will be many around you who are worthy of your attention. You will take action to help someone, and because of this action, some part of you will live on.
PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20). Since your success will depend on your level of determination, it follows that you should choose projects that are so interesting that you can’t help but feel compelled to finish them.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world