- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Vick ‘optimistic’ he’ll face Giants
“I’m optimistic about it,” Vick said after practicing Tuesday. “I’ve got a good chance.”
Nick Foles replaced him just before halftime vs. New York, and threw two touchdowns. He then threw three more touchdowns and ran for another when the Eagles beat the Buccaneers 31-20 Oct. 13. But Foles threw for just 80 yards in three quarters before suffering a concussion in a 17-3 loss to the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.
“It’s progressed very quickly,” Vick said. “It’s gotten better each and every day. But I just don’t want to lose sight of what’s gotten me to this point.
“It’s a very delicate situation. You want to get back out there and you want to play and you want to help your teammates. That’s what’s eating me up on the inside right now. I wish I could speed up the recovery process, but I can’t.”
“That’s something we’ve got to do — and see what it feels like,” he said. “I have to give it a go. I just don’t want to do it this early in the week.”
NFL gets ‘A’ for diversity hiring
The NFL received its fourth consecutive A grade for its racial hiring practices amid concerns over a significant drop in minority head coaches this season.
The league also drew a C+ for gender hiring practices in the annual report by The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport released Tuesday.
The total number of women and people of color at or above the vice president level increased by 11 percent.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear C.I.A. caught flat-footed
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Wal-Mart forced to apologize for 'mistake' favoring English-speaking shoppers
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes