- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
Former WR Hurd’s cousin gets 8 years in drug case
DALLAS (AP) - A co-conspirator and cousin of former NFL wide receiver Sam Hurd has received eight years in prison for his role in trying to set up a drug-distribution ring.
Jesse Tyrone Chavful was sentenced Wednesday in Dallas federal court.
He had previously pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to possess 5 kilograms or more of cocaine with intent to distribute.
Hurd has pleaded guilty to trying to buy cocaine and marijuana. Hurd was a Bears player when he was arrested outside a Chicago-area steakhouse two years ago after allegedly accepting a kilogram of cocaine from an undercover officer.
Hurd is scheduled for sentencing on Nov. 13.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.