- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Brett Favre dismisses possibility of joining Rams
Question of the Day
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Brett Favre dismissed the possibility of returning to the NFL with St. Louis, and Rams coach Jeff Fisher declined to address reports he tried to lure the quarterback out of retirement to replace the injured Sam Bradford.
Favre told Washington sports station WSPZ-AM he doesn’t feel physically able to compete and expressed fear that he has been affected by concussions.
“It’s flattering, but you know there’s no way I’m going to do that,” Favre said.
“I don’t remember my daughter playing soccer, playing youth soccer, one summer,” Favre told WSPZ. “I don’t remember that. I got a pretty good memory, and I have a tendency like we all do to say, `Where are my glasses?’ and they’re on your head. This was pretty shocking to me that I couldn’t remember my daughter playing youth soccer, just one summer, I think. I remember her playing basketball, I remember her playing volleyball, so I kind of think maybe she only played a game or two. I think she played eight. So that’s a little bit scary to me. For the first time in 44 years, that put a little fear in me. …
“I think after 20 years, God only knows the toll.”
Rams defensive end Robert Quinn didn’t think there was anything to the reports.
Kellen Clemens, the backup the past two seasons, will make his 13th career start Monday night against the Seattle Seahawks. The Rams also signed Brady Quinn and Austin Davis.
“I don’t feel any need to disclose information after the process,” Fisher said. “That’s how we are. I’ll be happy to talk about Thigpen, and the two that we signed.”
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq