- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Detroit mailman helps put out blaze before firefighters arrive
A Detroit mailman is being lauded as a hero after he helped put out a house fire while firefighters arrived to the scene.
“I wouldn’t say a hero,” said Darrian Crutcher told My Fox Detroit.
He told the station he got the hose from the side of the house, took it inside and hooked it up upstairs.
“It was a blessing for me to be at that spot at that particular time,” he said.
The homeowner told My Fox Detroit that Mr. Crutcher helped tame the fire “quite a bit,” and firefighters were pleased with the help.
“He did great! I asked him after it was over, I said, ‘Hey man, you should come join us! We’re hiring right now!’” David Weems of the Detroit Fire Department told the station. “It’s great just to see citizens just stopping to do the good — the good of man.”
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 'Saturday Night Live' rushes to find black talent after criticism
- PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'
- Kim Jong Un executes ousted uncle, Jang Song Thaek: report
- Massachusetts brewery loses 1,500 gallons of beer in gasket leak
- Jane Fonda Foundation fails to make single contribution in 5 years: report
Latest Blog Entries
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- ICT trade mission to Azerbaijan successfully completed
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert
- JACOBS: Prepare for a fight on driverless vehicles
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Inside China: Ukraine gets nuke umbrella
- White House faces press revolt over access to Obama's South Africa flight
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow