- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Hillary Clinton heckled on Benghazi: ‘You let them die’
Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton was interrupted during a Wednesday night speech at a university in New York by an angry heckler who blamed her for the deaths of four Americans at the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11, 2012.
“Benghazi, Benghazi, you let them die,” the heckler screamed, for fully 40 seconds while Mrs. Clinton tried to ignore it and continue her speech, The Daily Mail reported.
She was the keynote speaker for the University of Buffalo’s “Distinguished Speakers Series” when the heckler interrupted. She tried to talk over him, but finally responded.
“We want to be willing to come together as citizens to focus on the kind of future we want, which doesn’t include yelling,” she said, The Daily Mail reported. “It includes sitting down and talking to one another.”
A mother of one of the four Americans killed — State Department Information Officer Sean Smith — told CNN’s Jake Tapper in an earlier interview that she points the finger at Mrs. Clinton for her son’s death.
Pat Smith told him bluntly that she blamed the former secretary of state and asked: “Why couldn’t she do something about it? I blame her. That’s her department. She is supposed to be on top of it. Yet she claims she knows nothing,” The Daily Mail reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 'In Jesus name, we pray' sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Study: Barbie sours girls' career ambitions while Mrs. Potato Head busts gender roles
- Ted Turner hospitalized in S. America with possible appendicitis
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent 'scared'
- Russia accused of sinking own cruiser to block Ukrainian navy
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared?
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again