- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘War on women’ is McAuliffe’s, not Cuccinelli’s
Question of the Day
The Democrats supporting Terry McAuliffe for Virginia’s governorship are resorting to one lie after another. They claim Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, Mr. McAuliffe’s Republican opponent, is going to eliminate birth control and that he is conducting a “war on women.” They are wrong on both accounts.
In fact, it is Mr. McAuliffe and the Democrats who are waging a war on women. Thousands of unborn females would die if Mr. McAuliffe were to be elected, and he is bragging about it. Every woman who gets an abortion kills an unborn child. You could easily estimate that half of them would be female. The illegal Roe v. Wade ruling that made the killing of unborn babies a simple “choice” is almost barbaric. Our Supreme Court and the Democratic Party say it is legal to kill any living human while he or she is still in the womb — but only if you want to. The choice is yours.
WILLIAM E. NOWERS
Locust Grove, Va.
By Matt Kibbe
Get Breaking Alerts
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death