- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Vikings’ Peterson aims for revival vs. Packers
Question of the Day
“It’s just defenses making better plays than us. I know when you guys watch the game it may not seem like a big deal, but it is something we see when we watch film,” Kalil said. “If one person maintains their block a little longer and if we make a better play there, we’re out and making a big gain. It’s just the little things we’ve got to fix.”
Peterson actually has more yards rushing (511) now than he did after the first six games last season (499), when he galloped through the second half to surpass the 2,000 mark and win the NFL MVP award. But he has a long way to go to catch up to that pace.
Lately, he’s had some soreness tightness in his right hamstring, though he returned to full participation in practice on Thursday. He said that hasn’t been a factor in his unusually quiet performances this month.
“I feel like it was more in my mind. It’s strange to say that, but I think I was kind of holding myself back, not being able to stretch out and really run,” Peterson said. “I think I was kind of hindering myself. Now that I’m able to be more relaxed and got a clearer mind, I think I’ll be able to go out there and roll full speed.”
Dave Campbell on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveCampbellAP
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world