- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Bucks-Raptors preseason game canceled
MILWAUKEE (AP) - The Milwaukee Bucks have a slick new floor to play on this season.
Maybe a little too slick, it seems.
Officials stopped the game with 5:58 left in the first quarter after several players slipped and fell on the court surface.
After about 20 minutes’ worth of discussion, an announcement was made over the arena public address system that the game would not be played.
“It was really bad,” Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan said. “I couldn’t cut to get open. It wasn’t the grip, it was just giving way when you try to cut. I was really scared. Amir Johnson and I fell on one play, and I tried to get up and I fell again.”
“It felt like it was OK,” Casey said. “Then I don’t know what happened, but it was too dangerous. We had guys slipping and falling. The last thing we need is to have a guy injured slipping on the floor in a preseason game.”
“We kept making eye contact out there and we saw the players were having issues with traction,” Crawford said, in an interview with a pool reporter.
“Then when we had a few guys go down, we figured we should have a conference. And both teams wanted not to continue the game.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again