- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Matt Williams will be named manager of the Nationals
Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com first reported the news with a Twitter update that said the team would also try to keep bench coach Randy Knorr in that job. Knorr was one of the finalists for the manager’s job.
The Nationals won’t say anything publicly until after the World Series, conforming to baseball etiquette that dictates no news detract from the sport’s premier event.
Williams has been a coach for the Arizona Diamondbacks for four seasons and has limited managerial experience in the Arizona Fall League. The 47-year-old Williams, a five-time All-Star with 378 career home runs, knows Rizzo from Rizzo’s days as scouting director with the Diamondbacks.
Williams will inherit a team that had the best record in baseball during the 2012 regular season at 98-64. The Nationals were expected to be a World Series conteder in 2013, but they missed the playoffs after posting an 87-76 record.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.