- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
Pocono extends IndyCar race to 500 miles
Question of the Day
LONG POND, PA. (AP) - Pocono Raceway is extending the length of its IndyCar race to 500 miles.
IndyCar's return this year was a 400-mile race, in part to fit the event into a broadcast window. The race was part of the "Triple Crown" challenge in which a driver could win a $1 million bonus by sweeping the Indianapolis 500, the Pocono race, and the season finale at Fontana.
Both Indy and Fontana were 500 miles, but Pocono was 100 miles shorter. Track President Brandon Igdalsky said Friday fans were adamant they wanted the race to be a true 500-miler.
Igdalsky also said the NASCAR Truck Series race would be extended from 125 miles to 150 miles.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world