- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
Redskins notes: DeAngelo Hall briefly gives hope
Question of the Day
By the time he was done, Morgan had a 34-yard return. And while the Redskins didn’t take advantage on the ensuing offensive drive, it was a boost. Their previous best return was just 11 yards.
Davis inactive, deadline looms
Tight end Fred Davis was inactive for the second consecutive week.
Davis sat amid rumors that he wants to be dealt before the NFL trade deadline Tuesday. Davis denied that in a radio interview last Tuesday with WJFK-FM (106.7 The Fan).
But he also said that a change of scenery might be necessary if he isn’t in the team’s plans.
Last season, Davis appeared in seven games before sustaining a season-ending tear of his left Achilles tendon Oct. 21 in a game against the New York Giants.
He was second on the Redskins with 796 receiving yards in 2011 and had 59 catches and three touchdowns. But Davis missed the final four games of that season for a violation of the NFL’s substance abuse policy.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Brian Orakpo vows contract won't be an issue in 2014
- Redskins call Richmond their summer home
- Jayson Werth's hit, Anthony Rendon's hustle lift Nats past Brewers
- Nationals sign first-round draft pick Erick Fedde, but lose two other selections
- Strasburg, Nats fall to Brewers as second half opens
Latest Blog Entries
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world