- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
WORLD SERIES WATCH: Cards cut it to 4-2 in 7th
Question of the Day
CLOSING THE GAP: Matt Carpenter’s run-scoring single off Red Sox reliever Craig Breslow cuts it to 4-2 in the seventh.
Doubront retired his first eight batters before Shane Robinson’s pinch-hit double chased him in the seventh. The left-hander struck out three _ all looking _ in 2 2-3 innings. He stands to win if the rest of the Red Sox bullpen can hang on.
Normally a starter, Doubront was annoyed that he was left out of the playoff rotation. He also gave Boston two scoreless innings of relief Saturday night in Game 3.
Game 2 starter John Lackey, also slated to start Game 6, is warming up in the bullpen. This would probably be Lackey’s regular throw day anyway, so perhaps manager John Farrell will use him to get to closer Koji Uehara.
Pretty good late addition.
Gomes was 0 for 9 in the Series before connecting and 5 for 41 in his postseason career. He connected off reliever Seth Maness, a sinkerball specialist who left a 2-2 pitch up in the strike zone.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq