- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
WORLD SERIES WATCH: Red Sox tie it 1-all in Game 4
Question of the Day
But that was it for Boston. David Ross struck out and pinch-hitter Mike Carp, batting for pitcher Clay Buchholz, grounded out.
A fired-up Lynn yelled in excitement and did a little shimmy-shake as he headed back to the dugout.
Doubront is pitching on consecutive days for the fourth time in his major league career. The last time was Sept. 19-20, 2011.
SCORING FIRST: St. Louis takes advantage of an error by center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury to score an unearned run in the third inning for a 1-0 lead.
Carlos Beltran _ who else in October? _ knocks in Carpenter with a single. That makes Beltran 8 for 10 with runners in scoring position this postseason.
The Cardinals are 8-0 when scoring first this postseason.
FINDING A WAY: It’s evident Buchholz is missing his best stuff. Not a surprise. The velocity on his fastball is down about 3-4 mph from his average heater this season.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq