- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Panthers Mitchell: I’m being ‘targeted’ by Goodell
Despite the fines, which he estimates to be in the $45,000 range, Mitchell said he has no intention of changing his approach to the game.
“I’m going to keep playing my game,” Mitchell said. “It’s working for our defense and our team. Like I said as long as I’m not getting penalized and it’s not hurting our team I’m fine with it.”
Mitchell feels like he’s been targeted by the league ever since he came into the league in 2009, adding that he’s been fined at least once in every season and more than 10 times during his NFL career.
“To be honest, I think there is a little bit of a targeting system they have out. I think I’m one of the guys they’d been looking for, but I’m OK with that,” Mitchell said.
The 26-year-old Mitchell feels like he only got fined for taunting because he injured a big-name quarterback.
“If you look at the game (against the Rams), I did that same celebration earlier in the game and I didn’t get fined for that play,” Mitchell said. “I’m only getting fined for the play he got hurt on so obviously there is a bias there, there was a quarterback injured on the play and they want to fine me for that. If you’re going to fine me for the act (of taunting), then fine me for both of them.”
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We completely overhauled American health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Crimea votes in favor of secession, U.S. rejects
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Trust me: Obama promises new overtime rules will be 'easier for everyone'
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014