- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
- Berkshire County eschews greenback for own currency — BerkShares
- Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
WORLD SERIES WATCH: Red Sox win 4-2, Series tied
ALL SQUARE: Koji Uehara picks off rookie pinch-runner Kolten Wong at first base for the final out _ with postseason star Carlos Beltran at the plate _ and the Red Sox win 4-2 to tie the Series at two games apiece.
Game 5 is Monday night at Busch Stadium.
UNUSUAL MOVE: Looking for a setup man, the Red Sox found one in their starting rotation.
John Lackey worked a scoreless eighth inning to protect a 4-2 lead for Boston. The right-hander’s only regular-season relief appearance in 324 career games came in 2004 with the Angels. He also had two relief outings in the 2002 postseason, when he was a rookie.
Doubront retired his first eight batters before Shane Robinson’s pinch-hit double chased him in the seventh. The left-hander struck out three _ all looking _ in 2 2-3 innings. He stands to win if the rest of the Red Sox bullpen can hang on.
Normally a starter, Doubront was annoyed that he was left out of the playoff rotation. He also gave Boston two scoreless innings of relief Saturday night in Game 3.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Let’s talk about everything, especially the absurdity of it all
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Never apologetic. Never afraid. Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West joins Communities to bring tales from the biggest Foxhole of them all, the one inside the Beltway.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow