- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes,
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Confederate flag, blackface flaps lead Catholic school to expel 4
103-year-old woman killed in Fairfax car crash
81-year-old driver apparently lost control of vehicle
A 103-year-old woman who was a passenger in a car being driven by an 81-year-old woman was killed in a crash in McLean, police said Tuesday.
Fairfax County police said the crash occurred at about 3 p.m. Monday in the area of Old Dominion Drive and Dolley Madison Boulevard.
Officials said the women were traveling in a 2001 Toyota Sienna and trying to make a right turn from Dolley Madison Boulevard on to Old Dominion Drive when the driver lost control of the car. The car jumped the median and hit a 2008 Audi sedan and a 2008 Toyota Camry waiting to make a left turn.
The women were transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where Katie Grosse of McLean was pronounced dead at approximately 6:15 p.m. No one else was in the car and the occupants of the other vehicles were not hurt, police said.
Police said alcohol was not a factor in this crash and that detectives were attempting to determine if speed was a factor.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feeling taxed today? How about a prayer to St. Matthew?
- 'Matzah Factory' provides hands-on experience for learning about Passover
- Higher Ground: Sex Pistol Superstar
- Younger generations lead move as Americans lose faith in the Bible, poll shows
- Jesuits mourn well-loved priest, murdered in Syria
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.