- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
103-year-old woman killed in Fairfax car crash
81-year-old driver apparently lost control of vehicle
A 103-year-old woman who was a passenger in a car being driven by an 81-year-old woman was killed in a crash in McLean, police said Tuesday.
Fairfax County police said the crash occurred at about 3 p.m. Monday in the area of Old Dominion Drive and Dolley Madison Boulevard.
Officials said the women were traveling in a 2001 Toyota Sienna and trying to make a right turn from Dolley Madison Boulevard on to Old Dominion Drive when the driver lost control of the car. The car jumped the median and hit a 2008 Audi sedan and a 2008 Toyota Camry waiting to make a left turn.
The women were transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where Katie Grosse of McLean was pronounced dead at approximately 6:15 p.m. No one else was in the car and the occupants of the other vehicles were not hurt, police said.
Police said alcohol was not a factor in this crash and that detectives were attempting to determine if speed was a factor.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Lenten season marks big business for seafood sector
- ACU at 50: Strong and looking ahead
- Ready for spring? D.C. cherry blossoms to bloom by mid-April
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Son of God'
- Experts say immigrants are changing the U.S. religious landscape
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again