- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
103-year-old woman killed in Fairfax car crash
81-year-old driver apparently lost control of vehicle
Question of the Day
A 103-year-old woman who was a passenger in a car being driven by an 81-year-old woman was killed in a crash in McLean, police said Tuesday.
Fairfax County police said the crash occurred at about 3 p.m. Monday in the area of Old Dominion Drive and Dolley Madison Boulevard.
Officials said the women were traveling in a 2001 Toyota Sienna and trying to make a right turn from Dolley Madison Boulevard on to Old Dominion Drive when the driver lost control of the car. The car jumped the median and hit a 2008 Audi sedan and a 2008 Toyota Camry waiting to make a left turn.
The women were transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where Katie Grosse of McLean was pronounced dead at approximately 6:15 p.m. No one else was in the car and the occupants of the other vehicles were not hurt, police said.
Police said alcohol was not a factor in this crash and that detectives were attempting to determine if speed was a factor.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teen girl exorcised by priest, sends demonic text messages in response
- Obama nominates Rabbi David Saperstein as ambassador for religious freedom
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- No official word yet on Pope Francis visit: Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Higher Ground: War no deterrent
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world