- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
103-year-old woman killed in Fairfax car crash
81-year-old driver apparently lost control of vehicle
A 103-year-old woman who was a passenger in a car being driven by an 81-year-old woman was killed in a crash in McLean, police said Tuesday.
Fairfax County police said the crash occurred at about 3 p.m. Monday in the area of Old Dominion Drive and Dolley Madison Boulevard.
Officials said the women were traveling in a 2001 Toyota Sienna and trying to make a right turn from Dolley Madison Boulevard on to Old Dominion Drive when the driver lost control of the car. The car jumped the median and hit a 2008 Audi sedan and a 2008 Toyota Camry waiting to make a left turn.
The women were transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where Katie Grosse of McLean was pronounced dead at approximately 6:15 p.m. No one else was in the car and the occupants of the other vehicles were not hurt, police said.
Police said alcohol was not a factor in this crash and that detectives were attempting to determine if speed was a factor.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- No rest for the retired: Cardinal McCarrick on a mission for peace in Africa
- The sun also rises on Easter in the District
- Higher Ground: Colbert the Catholic
- Feeling taxed today? How about a prayer to St. Matthew?
- 'Matzah Factory' provides hands-on experience for learning about Passover
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.