- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Capitals blow lead in 3rd period, fall to Canucks
Monday night was just more of the same.
“They had the puck a lot tonight,” Tortorella said of the trio. “They’ve been consistent so we’ll keep them together and see where we go with it.”
After the teams traded goals early in the third period, Kesler and the Sedins played keep-away in the Washington zone to give Vancouver the lead for good.
“Resiliency. You go down early in the third and we find a way to battle back and get the go-ahead (goal),” said Kesler, who along with the Sedins played more than 23 minutes. “That’s the way our team’s been all year.”
“When the Kesler goal was scored it was my guy, I was kind of playing position as center and the third goal, he make a great move and (Capitals forward Marcus Johansson) was kind of guessing,” he said. “Two shifts cost us the game.”
Kesler has five goals and three assists in his past five games since being paired with the Sedins after scoring just once in the first six games of the season.
Luongo made 17 saves to get the victory, while Zack Kassian also scored for Vancouver (9-4-1), which played at Rogers Arena for the first time since Oct. 12. Henrik Sedin’s assist on the winner extended his point streak to nine games.
Jason Chimera, with a goal and an assist, and Mikhail Grabovski scored for Washington (5-7-0), which got 38 stops from Neuvirth.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.