- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
Inside the Beltway: Ignoring the obvious about Obamacare
• 57 percent identify themselves as conservatives, 45 percent are Republican.
• 57 percent of libertarians have a positive view of the Republican Party; 6 percent favor the Democratic Party.
• 39 percent identify with the tea party, 35 percent are political independents.
• 15 percent identify with a third political party, 5 percent are Democrats, 3 percent are liberals.
• 27 percent are “white mainline Protestants,” 27 percent are religiously unaffiliated, 23 percent are “white evangelicals” and 11 percent are Catholics.
Source: The Public Religion Research Institute’s American Values Survey of 2,317 U.S. adults conducted Sept. 21 to Oct. 3 and released Tuesday.
• Woofs and doggerel to firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- New Benghazi investigation published on the 18-month anniversary of the attack
- Inside the Beltway: GOP determined to find out who's behind Clinton lockdown
- Inside the Beltway: A sampler of CPAC wisdom
- Historian: Valdimir Putin using Peter the Great tactics
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again