- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court declines to hear challenge to N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Libertarians: Don’t call us tea partyers; survey finds blocs often clash
Libertarians who lean toward the GOP also differ from their fellow Republicans on early preferences for the 2016 presidential field. In head-to-head questioning, Mr. Paul was the top choice among libertarians with 26 percent, followed by Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas with 18 percent, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida with 16 percent and Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin with 13 percent.
There was a sharp divide over New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie: He placed fifth among libertarians with 10 percent support but first among voters who trend Republican with 18 percent, tied with Mr. Ryan.
Meanwhile, Mr. Paul, like his father a libertarian favorite, came in fifth among overall Republican voters with 11 percent support.
Those who considered themselves tea party Republicans favored Mr. Cruz with 22 percent, followed by Mr. Rubio with 18 percent, Mr. Ryan with 14 percent and Mr. Paul with 13 percent.
The survey, conducted from Sept. 21 to Oct. 3, was drawn from a random sample of 2,317 adults 18 and older. The margin of error was 2.5 percentage points.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Valerie Richardson covers politics and the West from Denver. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame over Easter Sunday shootout
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Ukrainian prime minister accuses Putin of moving to restore Soviet Union
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.