- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
PALLISTER: Fantasy football this week, in open letters
Dear Maurice Jones-Drew,
You should probably stop drafting yourself in your fantasy leagues.
Dear Peyton Manning,
I seem to have reached a point in which mocking you for your postseason failures just isn’t enjoyable anymore. Maybe it’s because you’ve helped me to a 4-0 record. Maybe it’s because my wife is a Broncos fan and mocking you amid this historic early season run results in a death stare.
In any case, I hope you continue to average four TDs a game and finally make it impossible for me to use your playoff record against you (it’s currently 9-11, in case you were wondering) by emphatically winning Super Bowl XLVIII. And don’t forget, you can always ask your little brother for a few pointers if February rolls around and you’re still playing.
Week 4 Lineup Crime: I didn’t really screw anything up last week.
Week 5 Lineup Time: Cincinnati’s offense has to rebound this week, right? I’m banking on Giovani Bernard primarily because I have to with Adrian Peterson on a bye. Let’s hope the Bengals act like BenJarvus Green-Ellis is on a bye. Speaking of rebounds, I expect Aaron Rodgers to play like the elite QB he is against the Lions, so start any and all Packers receivers you may have. I speak for many fantasy owners when I say it would be nice if T.Y. Hilton reached the end zone one of these days. The Colts can’t run on the Seahawks like they did on the 49ers, so I think Andrew Luck finds a way to get his second-year receiver his first TD of the season. If you are desperate at WR, Justin Blackmon against the Rams might pay off. With four solid starting running backs on a bye, the Chargers’ Danny Woodhead is a nice waiver pickup.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- PALLISTER: Looking ahead to 2014 fantasy football drafts
- PALLISTER: When fantasy football frustration intrudes on real life
- PALLISTER: A Thanksgiving full of football is reality, not a fantasy
- PALLISTER: Fantasy football predictions gone wrong? Just make more!
- PALLISTER: This fantasy owner just can't quit you, Ray Rice
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.