- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
Inside the Beltway: Stripping down for Obamacare
— sign carried by Davonia Leach, among a crowd of 40 protesters just outside the gym.
MAN OF THE PEOPLE
Gov. Scott Walker is definitely staying in Wisconsin and seeing to the very local, grass-roots business of his state, a smart strategy for those who might pursue, say, the Republican nomination for president in 2016. Behold, this new headline from the governor’s office:
“Glad to announce the 2013 Cow of the Year at the World Dairy Expo.”
Indeed, Mr. Walker was there to do the honors, in red work shirt and blue jeans, congratulating the cow’s owner, and of course, the bovine in question, who is a Jersey cow by the name of Ambition Hercules Jordan.
“My other car is a college tuition.”
— Bumper sticker spotted in Harrisburg, Pa.
RUBIO HAS A WARNING
While budget negotiations in the nation’s capital meander toward a destination, one Florida Republican has a very blunt warning for the Obama administration about Iran, despite all the cordial news about President Obama’s recent phone call with Iranian President Hasan Rouhani.
“This is who we’re negotiating with. We’re not negotiating with Belgium. We’re not negotiating with Luxembourg. We are negotiating with a government, a country run by evil liars,” Sen. Marco Rubio told a Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Thursday.
“And when you negotiate with evil liars, all your lines have to be clearly marked out and the verifications have to be stronger. I mean we are dealing with some very dangerous people here,” he said.
Sixty-four percent of Israelis, incidentally, think Iran will build a nuclear bomb, this according to MidGam/Tel Aviv University survey of more than 500 Israelis released Thursday.
Dialing for depravity? There’s more than a glitch involved in the great national campaign to get Americans to sign up for Obamacare. The new toll-free consumer number associated with the Affordable Care Act uses an unfortunate sequence of numbers that unfortunately spells out 1/800-F***-YO.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: An agenda-free Easter
- Inside the Beltway: A Hillary-free 2016 would confound Democrats
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- George P. Bush - son of Jeb - the lead figure in the Bush political push for now
- Inside the Beltway: The appeal of 'strong America'
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.