- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
Police chase near White House, Capitol ends with crash, fatal shooting
Question of the Day
The House went into recess just about the time the alert was issued. The Senate remained in session for a while afterward but eventually went into recess.
At 3 p.m., police lifted the restrictions with a message to staffers: The incident has concluded. It is now safe to resume normal activities.”
The White House also briefly went on lockdown, and the pedestrian area on Pennsylvania Avenue was closed for a short time.
The White House said President Obama was briefed on the incident.
• Tom Howell Jr., Ben Wolfgang, Jeffrey Anderson and Stephen Dinan contributed to this report.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Alison Lundergan Grimes hits Mitch McConnell over jobs
- Georgia Senate race heats up as Kingston, Perdue ready for runoff
- Alaska tops wildcard races across the West
- GOP presents ethnic faces to California voters
- Iowa conservatives attack Christie's record
Latest Blog Entries
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- ACLU slams Gray on issues of transparency
- D.C. police quietly prepping for change in law on marijuana
- Council overrides mayor's veto of fiscal 2015 budget
- 3 killed, 4 wounded Sunday in three D.C. shootings
- D.C. Council to vote on Gray's budget veto
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq